Saturday, September 09, 2006

Your attitude in adversity


The fact is that we will all go through a certain level of crap in our lives. It may not be happening right now to you, but it is a fact of life that we will go through adversity. The question is not whether we will go through it but what will our attitudes be when it happens? Your attitude in adversity will determine the power of God in your life. I really used to think that if I would just pray more or read my Bible more or tell more people about Jesus that the level of God’s anointing would go up and I would be better spiritually. All those things are important to have a healthy and vibrant relationship with Jesus, but I know that what Jesus is watching for is not what I can do MORE for him but what am I doing WITH him when I deal with struggles in my life? I have said in this blog a time or two that adversity or struggles that we go through do not make who we are they show who we are. If we can understand that, I believe that we will be more careful to seek him and desire to be closer to him in the times when we feel like things are going good. Right now in my life, I don’t feel like things are good and I am in a struggle. I believe that through this time of testing that God has shown me who I really was and I didn’t like what I saw. I want the power level of God to increase in me and I know that it will only come from me having the right attitude in the middle of the adversity. That is so easy to say when you physically feel good, you don’t have crushing medical bills and life is peachy. I want people to read this blog and realize that I am not saying these things from a position of the testing being over and I want the devil to hear that as well. I will praise my Jesus through this storm.

No comments: