Sunday, September 03, 2006

Absolute truth does exist and you just proved it

The age we live in is very interesting with the belief system that people have. I don’t ever remember a time in history when people selectively believe things especially of the spiritual nature. I have also never seen the inundation of spiritual themes in movies, music and tv. It is amazing how much the spirit world is emphasized and highlighted almost every day of our lives. The Bible teaches important absolutes about the spirit realm and being very careful about how we entertain spiritual things in our lives that don’t glorify God. I used to be a youth pastor and I would have kids that would tell me that they didn’t believe in absolute truth. That the Bible was a nice book of stories and a great suggestion on how to live your life, but that there were also other things from other religions that you can incorporate into your life as well as codes to live by. The problem with that statement is the Bible is very specific about what is important to believe and there is only one absolute way to get to heaven and that is through Jesus Christ. If you don’t absolutely believe that then hell awaits. My physical situation with my eye and the crap I have been through these past couple of years has really made me evaluate what I believe and what I think about certain religious actions including a belief in absolute truth. I can say that it has brought me closer to God and a better understanding of who He is and who I am not. My opening statement was titled that way because I wanted to make a point that absolute truth exists because of the fact that you are reading my blog. If you would have gotten ANY word, letter or punctuation wrong when you typed in my blog sites address you would have been redirected to a different site and would not have been able to read this. You couldn’t just say, “at least I got 99% of the address right. I am so surprised that it didn’t come up correctly”. That is absolute truth. Either you typed it in right or you were wrong. That is the same with God. Whether or not we believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven doesn’t change the fact that it is correct. So next time you type in the web address of a website you really want to visit remember that you are reinforcing my point that absolute truth does exist.

No comments: