Sunday, September 24, 2006


My wife and I really wanted to go to Disneyland this year for our vacation but we are not going to be able to go. The money that we needed never came in and it looks like we get to take our vacation time and go to St. Luis for an eye exam. Whoopee. This season that God has us in really doesn’t seem like it will ever end. It is so hard to keep faith that God has your best interests in mind when it seems like every turn in life is another disappointment. I guess God is trying to help my wife and I realize that everything we have and are is not really ours in the first place. I am realizing more and more that I can’t complain that “God took this or that” because it has always been His in the first place. When I realize that my very breath is his and not even mine I can’t complain about things taken. I must have the perspective that if God wants me to have something that it will be in his time and not in mine. This is probably one of the toughest life lessons I have ever had to learn.

No comments: