Thursday, September 14, 2006

UPS, Ebay and Blessings


I had a revelation today. I have actually had quite a few of those the past couple of years. I can remember a little over a year ago continually repeating that I couldn’t hear God talking to me. I really think that God was talking to me, but I was just too busy complaining. Anyway, here is my thought for you today. I got a new phone that I ordered off of Ebay with some birthday money that I received (thanks mom and dad). This is probably the coolest cell phone that I have ever had so needless to say I was very excited to get it. It was being shipped from a person who lives in New York so it was going to take a few days to get. I waited and waited and eventually received an email that said I would be getting it second day air through UPS with a tracking number to check with their website for updates on its status. I can tell you that I checked that UPS website at least four times a day to see where my package was and its status along the countrywide journey from New York to its eventual resting place of Denver Colorado. I woke up this morning and looked out the window before nine am which is when UPS starts making its deliveries with a certain excited expectation. I checked the website twice today and finally my package came!! I left work for about a half hour and came home to pick up my phone to start playing…I mean using it for work :) I told you that little story because I got a revelation about the promises of God and the expectation that we have or don’t have about receiving them. I thought that if I could bid on a new cell phone online that I had never seen before, paying someone I had never met and having them ship it from somewhere I had never been then I could start believing the promises that I read in the Bible for my life with that same level of expectation. I was waiting in expectation for my new phone because a promise was made to me by someone I couldn’t physically see and that it would be sent by UPS and received today. I read promises about health and financial provision in Gods Word that I need to believe and have the same level of expectation for. I can’t say that I don’t have faith because it wasn’t hard to believe that I would get my phone today. I had a guarantee from UPS for crying out loud! So I need to live in a place of expecting blessings and supernatural provision that goes beyond what I can or can’t see. Wow…thanks Ebay and UPS.

No comments: