Tuesday, September 05, 2006

We Give God a Bad Wrap

We give God a bad wrap. I was talking with a friend today and thought about the process of learning. It all starts when we are young and not in school yet with mom and dad telling us about life and trying to get us to realize just what is important in life and what is not. Depending on who your parents were definitely determines who you ended up being right now good or bad. When we were little we didn’t know if our parents were giving us something we would need in life when we got older or if they were just trying to educate us the best way that they knew how with something that we would never use in our everyday lives when we grew up. I always appreciated my parents and know that I am the person I am today because of my upbringing. Then I went to school. You know, the place that has requirements for passing a grade and being able to advance to the next one? On the whole, I never really liked school. I know it was an important part of my life and I am proud to have made it though college with two degrees, but I can say that it was a very hard experience for me. One thing I could always count on was the fact that if I didn’t do well enough to finish a grade in school that I could be held back or forced to retake a subject so that I could be ready to graduate to the next level. Why do we give God crap for using the same process in the spirit realm and our spiritual education? We get so bent out of shape sometimes when God has us put to the test in life and prove that we are ready for the next “grade” of life. If we were still in school, and maybe you are, and you failed to prove that you were ready for the next grade or the next class you were not allowed to move on you would not have a problem knowing that you need to retake that subject or class before the next level. In fact, if you were to go to the next level or grade you would probably not be prepared for the teachings from that class because school really is built on layers of learning and a necessity to know foundations before you move on in really any subject. I believe there is no difference spiritually with God. Don’t be angry when you feel like you are being tested in life. The more you fight the process the longer God will probably have you there until you get it. If God were to release you to go to the next “grade” spiritually before you have learned your lesson then He would only be setting you up to fail instead of helping to build a lasting foundation that will be able to be built upon. I know that this season of life I am in right now is only preparing me for something greater and that I need to not set my eyes on my circumstances but on the process of learning so that I can move on and graduate. So I guess God is trying to tell me that I need to start liking school because until I meet him in heaven I will always be in a place of learning so I should just get used to it.

No comments: