Saturday, September 02, 2006

Worry and bending spoons with your mind

I got this information from the internet and I thought it was very interesting…

Every system in your body is affected by worry. In addition to raising blood pressure and increasing blood clotting, worry can prompt your liver to produce more cholesterol, all of which can raise your risk of heart attack and stroke. Muscle tension can give rise to headaches, back pain, and other body aches. Worry can also trigger an increase in stomach acid and either slow or speed up muscle contractions in your intestines, which can lead to stomach aches, constipation, diarrhea, gas or heartburn.

Have you ever thought about worry? What it is, what it does and what starts it? Until I started to deal with my eye and my physical condition I never really cared or thought about the physical problems that come from worry. I have been told multiple times from my eye doctors that stress or worry is not good for my eye and can actually make things worse for me. So, you’re telling me that I might lose my eye after all this time and I might need to go on Chemo if you can’t find a “better” drug to put me on and on top of all that don’t worry because you can make everything worse for yourself. Interesting conversation with my doctors eh? Philippians 4:6,7 says that we should not worry about anything and that we should just ask God for everything we need. Anything and everything are very absolute words. They don’t have a lot of wiggle room when you try and define them. I really believe that circumstances and situations we go through have a polarizing effect. They will either push us towards God or we will allow them to distract us and cause us to worry. I have a daily decision to either give God my crap or keep it with me and think that I can change my circumstances by worrying hard enough.
I can’t bend a spoon with my mind so why would I think that my mental worry power would do anything for my physical, emotional or spiritual condition? If you can bend spoons with your mind please call or email me and let me know your secret. In fact, if you can bend spoons with your mind then tell every person you know how you do it so that they can all worry about life’s situations and improve their lives by it. The only thing to remember is that until the day that happens, scripture’s principals of giving everything to God still stands.

No comments: