Saturday, September 23, 2006

Conplaining versus Petitioning

I think there is a fine line between making our requests known to God and complaining about our circumstances. I think that sometimes we mix what we want in the form of requests and asking God for his will to be done in our lives. This kind of goes along with my gratefulness provides an atmosphere for change blog that I wrote a while back. The Bible tells us to make our requests known to God but I think sometimes it becomes a “Christmas wish list” on one hand or a "list of complaints in my walk with God" on the other instead of having a conversation with God and letting him know with your mouth what is in your heart. He already knows what’s inside us but we need to speak with our mouths the things we want to see. I am not trying to say that we need to be fake with God. We need to have honest conversations with God and not just religious rote chantings. I know that when I am spending time with him that my desires will become his desires and I won’t have to worry about whether or not I am asking him for things that are his will or just my will. When we deal with crap in our lives, it always seems like our prayers revolve around those issues. It is so hard to try and pray for others when you are going through personal struggles. I guess the point of this blog today is to be careful not to cross the line of asking God for help in a situation and complaining about the process that he is having you go through. Sometimes we can miss the things he is trying to teach us because we don’t like the method being used and that God loves us enough to keep that “method” going until we learn what he has for us.

No comments: