Sunday, October 01, 2006

Expecting Church or Expecting a Move of God?

I firmly believe that if you were raised in church then you have the possibility of a type of Spiritual deficiency that could have developed. I am always in awe at how people overseas can see such great moves of God and miracles that we just don’t see here in the states. It has always been a mystery to me and a great question in my heart as to why we don’t see the kinds of moves of God that change lives, families and countries. I had a type of revelation this weekend about all of this. We have a prayer time each month called “city prayer”. It’s where people from all over the Denver area meet together and pray for all different kinds of things as a corporate church body including revival in Denver. This includes over 120 churches from the area that can be represented on any given Saturday morning at our church. I was walking and praying and I thought, we have become so accustom to the act of prayer that I think we forget what we are doing in communicating with God and asking to have a relationship with him. We have actually come to place of coming to a prayer meeting or church and just expecting to have church instead of coming and expecting God to move or do something to display his power in a new and fresh way. Because of the type of familiarity with God we havr trained our minds and hearts to expect a prayer meeting instead of expecting something to mighty and great to come from that meeting. I think the great question then is what do we do to break out of that mode? It is always easy to ask the question but it is much different to actually provide solutions to the problem. I want to encourage you, if you have never, give a response to this question in the respond section of this blog. You don’t need to register or anything and you can just leave a comment connected to this blog and then I can post some of the answers in a later blog telling how some people responded. This sounds funny, but I don’t want to get so “familiar” with God that I lose the awe, respect and hungry expectation to see change in my life and the lives of the people around me including Denver.

No comments: