Sunday, October 22, 2006

The big eye trip

I go to St. Louis this week to get my eye looked at by a guy that is supposed to be the best in the country for the type of eye condition that I have. I don’t know what to expect with him looking at it. I have been seen by over 30 doctors so to me it’s just another opinion. I really believe that God is putting me in a place of trusting in what he says about my eye in the Bible that I am already healed by the work that Jesus did on a cross for me 2,000 years ago. For whatever reason, it’s easy to trust the doctor with giving me a prescription to help something that is going on in my body but hard to trust that the Bible needs to be like a prescription for me as well. I know that God is challenging my actions in the physical realm to see a change in my body and believe for a change in the spiritual realm as well. We want to see God do a great work in Denver and know that it will come through our obedience in prayer and asking God to do great things here. I had a conversation with my dad the other day and we came to the conclusion that with all the things that God has for us to do in this life that my eye just doesn’t seem as important as we make it.

No comments: