Saturday, October 21, 2006

Its not the tears, its the time


My intimacy with God is never going to be judged by the amount of tears I cry but by the amount of time that I spend in his presence. I have always grown up with the thinking that the more I cry the more I am close to God. God has really given me the revelation that I need to not just emotionally want to feel his presence but also commit to spending time with him. There is nothing wrong with emotionally feeling God and wanting to be touched in that way, but if I just say that I know him and his thoughts but never spend time getting to know him than I am lying to myself and I have nothing to give people around me who need Jesus. I can never give away anything that I first have myself and I believe that includes a relationship with Jesus. It always seems like I never have enough time to spend with God unless I build it into my day somehow. I used to think that I would get up just a little earlier before work and spend time in prayer and read my Bible but it ended up me getting up earlier and getting to work earlier. I want to challenge you today to really seek that time with God and to let him show you his heart and take you places that you have never been. I know that it is always easier to make that time a priority when you have crap going on in your life but the best kind of time spent with God is when you are enjoying life and still making him a priority.

No comments: