Sunday, October 08, 2006

Focus on eternity


After being sick for the past two and a half years I am convinced that God uses situations and circumstances to focus our lives on our eternal existence and get our eyes off of the temporal. I can honestly say that all the things that my wife and I have been through the past couple of years have really forced me to seek my eternal purpose in my physical existence instead of continuing to ask God why this is happening to me in the physical. When my focus is on the eternal I realize that my time here on earth is pretty short considering the time I will spend in eternity with him. If I don’t keep that in mind then I can get in a place of looking at the pain instead of his plan for me and thanking God each day I’m able to open my eyes (literally) and thank him for another one. I can say that there are lots of things that I took for granted before I got sick like being able to see a sunrise or sunset, reading a book or just being able to see correctly out of both eyes in general. I want to live my life here on earth as a grateful person who does everything in his power to change the destiny of the people around him. Like I said a few blogs back, my life will not be the result of a lack of prayer and I want to live a life that changes the people that come in contact with me. I know that there are a lot of people watching not only for my healing but also my attitude in the middle of this storm.

No comments: