Monday, November 06, 2006

billy graham

I was watching the Billy Graham birthday special on TV yesterday and heard him say something awesome that really challenged me. They gave him a star on the walk of fame and he said that they had talked to him a few years ago about giving him a star and he refused because of the “company” of who was on the walk. He said that he reconsidered his stance and decided to let them honor him. When he started explaining the reason why he changed his mind it made me cry. He said that in the future if some kid was walking with his mother and he asked “who was Billy Graham? Was he a rock star or movie star?” His mother could tell him that he was a great preacher and it would give the mother an opportunity to share about Christ with her son then it would be worth being on the walk of fame. Basically he was saying that it was only important to him to have a star if it could bring glory to God. What an amazing perspective on life and bringing honor to God in his life. I want my life to be the same; that everything I do reflect Christ and what he has done for me.

No comments: