Thursday, August 31, 2006

holy moley...



I dont think we realize that some of the things we do in life are dangerous. This guy, for example, is willing to risk severe physical injury just to fix his truck. He probably isn’t thinking right now that if that truck falls he is in for a world of hurt probably because he has never known anything different. We can look at this picture and go, "holy moley, is that guy dumb" but that guy is just working away. Isn’t life just like this picture? Our actions in life will normally follow what we have always known regardless of how it might be harmful to us. The challenge is moving beyond that mental state and into a realm of listening to the people around us that we know love us and want to see us succeed in life. I am convinced that the crap we go through in life is there to move us from a place of blind knowledge to a place of seen understanding. To go from the things that we THINK we know to a place of real understanding about ourselves and our lives. I always want to be in a place to be able to listen to my wife, for example, when she sees that my attitude about life can harm me and to snap out of it and get perspective. Please believe me that listening and changing are hard things to do when you don’t feel good.

No comments: