Friday, January 18, 2008

finding God's best for you


How many times have you said that you are trying to find God's best for you? In your job, in relationships, etc. I think that many times we are trying so hard to find God's best that we forget to work on becoming God's best. I am a firm believer that God will never give you more than you are willing to take care of. That includes a car, a job, money, relationships, etc. When we focus on who we are becoming for God then he will take care of giving us his best and giving what he thinks we need and not what we think we need. One of the questions I am going to ask God when I get to heaven is why is there such a huge difference between his timing and mine? I know that he is waiting for me to learn what I need to learn each day, but sometimes it just gets hard to "wait on God's best" for me. In those times of waiting, I know that I need to work on becoming the best I can for God and he will do the rest. (but it still doesn't mean its not hard!)

3 comments:

Teresa said...

doesn't it always work that way when you wait on God's best and wait... and wait... and wait. and when you finally receive his best in a certain area, you understand the difference your timing and His and it all makes sense as to why it took so long. 20/20 hindsight.

1or2thoughts said...

Going with your theme then; instead of "waiting for God's best" should we focus on doing our best?

Good post.

Anonymous said...

Brian, good thoughts. See my post for more...