Saturday, August 04, 2007

It's not about the event of healing


It should not be the event of healing that gives us a motivation to truly be who God wants us to be. If that were the case, we would need a “miraculous event” on a consistent basis to keep us motivated to serve him and become who he has created each of us to be. I have learned these past years that if I want to be the absolute best that I can be I need to find who I am in the middle of my storm instead of waiting for the storm to end and then committing to a healthy relationship with God. My wife and I have recently started a prayer schedule. We use Sunday nights to pray for others needs that we know of, Monday nights are for prayers for healing and Tuesday nights are for our finances. I used to think that I needed to pray for hours everyday if I wanted to see change in my life. I believe that we need to spend some amount of time everyday with Jesus but that it needs to be intentional time and not just convenient time. When we spend intentional time with Jesus we are saying to him, “I want more than just and event of healing in my life. I want to be different and learn from every experience that I go through in life”. When we take that attitude with Christ we open a door to a relationship that we will not be able to contain and it will spill out all over every one we come in contact with. Jesus knows what we need, how we need it and how much we can take. Never forget that.

1 comment:

The Hosh said...

dude, seriously, blog more.