Friday, January 05, 2007

Snotty People equals Great Coffee

Where there are snotty people there is great coffee. I found this out at a Starbucks that I like to go to every once in a while over by my work. I don’t like to really go in there because it is usually very busy and full of people that are so in love with themselves and their money that if they could legally marry themselves they would. I know that sounds like a rude statement but I noticed something about the quality of coffee and service that you get in this specific Starbucks; it’s impeccable. You are greeted well, your coffee is never wrong and it’s always hot and served quickly. It is the expectation of these people that come in to get coffee that the service will be excellent, the coffee hot and served fast so that they can get on with their day. The Starbucks knows this and does everything in its power to make sure that the people in that store are happy when they walk out. I believe that expectation is a key element in getting the best out of life. When things are not going well we have a tendency to lower our expectations in life so that we are not disappointed. It is always easier to expect less in life than it is to push yourself to expect God to do something special. It has been so hard with my eye condition to expect anything but “pills, ills and bills”. I guess I need to be like snotty people ordering coffee at Starbucks; expect the best and get the best.

No comments: